Anyone cast post. We propel your business ROI.
(There’s quite a difference!)
“The Fox family who comprise Splash Designworks are wonderful people! Their knowledge of social media is phenomenal! They were helpful to us at Servpro of Sussex County as they helped us to fine tune our thinking and knowledge with marketing.”
– Raymond T. Hopkins, III, Servpro of Sussex County
88% of ALL businesses and companies are using Social Media to market their business.
Today’s businesses are dependent on Social Media to propel their Brand Awareness and Brand Exposure. In fact, between a higher SEO rating and result, kick-the-door down opportunities to be seen to potential customers, and the pure energy created, Social Media just may well break the Space Time Continuum. (Sorry, Doc)
According to Google, “ 3.5 billion social media users worldwide. Facebook is the most popular social media platform. 90.4% of Millennials, 77.5% of Generation X, and 48.2% of Baby Boomers are active social media users. Users spend an average of 3 hours per day on social networks and messaging.“
According to SmartInsights, “Social media users are now spending an average of 2 hours and 24 minutes per day multinetworking across an average of 8 social networks and messaging apps.“
Social networks have transformed marketing and, as this post shows, their popularity is still growing in our latest global social media statistics research summary for 2020 . Networks vary in popularity with different demographics and they’re still evolving. Research by Global WebIndex that we reference in this article shows that globally.
When it comes to Social Media, it’s so not just for “young people!” In fact, according to Global Social Media Statistics from Statista, in only 3 short years from 2014 to 2017, there was over 41 Billion Dollars in revenue directly impacting from Social Media.
We like to use the analogy of an iceberg. When talking about Social Media, it’s like someone pointing a big iceberg saying, “Wow, dude! Check out that ginormous frozen chunk, yo!”
On the top surface, there’s a lot there. There’s so many Social Media platforms. There’s action, romance, drama, okay, okay… aside from that – there is unlimited potential to reach out to a potentially new and existing customer base.
- For context, as of Dec 2019, total worldwide population is 7.8 billion
- The internet has 4.54 billion users
- There are 3.725 billion active social media users
- On average, people have 7.6 social media accounts
- The average daily time spent on social is 142 minutes a day
- 91% of retail brands use 2 or more social media channels
- 81% of all small and medium businesses use some kind of social platform
- Social media users grew by 328 million between October 2018 and October 2019.
- That works out at 10 new social media users per second.
- Facebook Messenger and Whatsapp handle 60 billion messages a day
- When asked 81% of teenagers felt social media has a positive effect on their lives
- Another study found the effect of social media on teenagers was ‘trivial’
- A third from the Royal Society for Public Health found there were a range of negative and positive effects:
More than meets the eye!
Then we like to explain how that what people see on the surface as the iceberg, is not really the iceberg. In fact, it’s the “tip of the iceberg.” The real chunk is what you don’t see!
When it comes to effective, professional Social Media, it’s called Social Media Management. (SSM) It’s the management portion when we actually go in depth, or under the surface so to speak, to where the majority of action takes place.
Through metrics, analysis, comparisons, charts, tallies, and real-time Social Media monitoring, we base exact posts, tweets, and marketing on times, audience, buyer persona’s, target spectrum, creation and curation, types of content – and then the on-the-fly tweaking when necessary to adjust to hit the target to bring the highest ROI results.